[Advaita-l] Scholarly Article on Why Vedas are Valid

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 03:04:30 CDT 2011

I am looking at Jaimini's Mimamsa Sutras and Shabhara's commentary to
start with to understand how they established Veda as pramana in their
time-frame. And how the opposition from avaidhika schools was dealt
with. I'm also planning to meet Sri Mani Dravid Sastrigal to get his
views.

The sutras don't invoke faith though arguments may have to be
rephrased for modern context.

I don't think the ancient rulers would have emptied their treasury if
they didn't see results in yajnas.

Sent from my mobile device