[Advaita-l] Padma Shri Mathoor Krishnamurti

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 20:34:29 CDT 2011

Namaste.

This URL could be tried; it opened for me:

http://www.ourkarnataka.com/Articles/starofmysore/mkmurthy008.htm

I have had the good opportunity of having known and interacted with Sri
Mathoor ji.  His discourses on the Kumara Vyasa's (Kannada) Mahabharata in
the kAvya-vAchana (Vidwan Sri Hosahalli Keshavamurthi would render the
verses in perfect Carnatik style) mode used to be a great crowd puller in
Bangalore.  My mother became his fan and thus grew a fine association
between us.  He knew Tamil and along with him his wife and sister-in-law
(who also knew Tamil) used to come to the discourse venue.  Upon our
invitation they have visited our house a couple of times and we too, their
house in Malleswaram, Bangalore.  I think it was in the year 2002 that he
invited us to visit Mathoor village when Smt.Priyamvada Birla was visiting
that place.  He had arranged a grand programme of events in Sanskrit there.
It was a lovely stay for two days there with the Sankethi families, to which
Mathoor ji belonged.  He was a voracious reader; his personal library was a
formidable collection of hundreds of books.

He would recall his intimate association with Kamaraj, the Congress leader
and a Chief Minister of the Madras State.

I cherish the association I had with him and the loving smile with which he
would always welcome people.

Regards,
subrahmanian.v