[Advaita-l] Nitya Karma question

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Fri Oct 7 01:14:05 CDT 2011

Namaste,

////

So if you are going to demand the next generation to do Shradha that it self
is pApa,

//

Let us not bother about pitru karmas & shraddhas as of now.

Whatever be those rituals, ultimately it boils down to "feed the hungry" parents.
Am I right? Can't we do this much justice to our parents,
being born as responsible sons?

Our 365 days (1 year) is equivalent to 1 day for pitrus.  And the poor people,
wait in hunger for 3 morsels of rice !!  By doing shrAddha every year, we are feeding
our hungry departed parents everyday.

If a son is sensible enough to understand the pangs of hunger, he would never fail to
perform shrAddha.

I think, the thread of pitru karyas should be stopped.

sriram