[Advaita-l] vedic yajna

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः lalitaalaalitah at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 06:21:51 CST 2011

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <http://www.lalitaalaalitah.com>
lalitAlAlitaH <http://about.me/lalitaalaalitah/bio>*

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 17:33, Venkatesh Murthy <vmurthy36 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree with you we need Pramana for practice. But here the Shastra
> says two contradicting things in two places. In Yajur Veda Samhita
> Ishe Tvorje it has said cows are Aghniya and in Br Upanishad for
> getting a learned son a man can eat Bull meat with rice. How to solve
> this contradiction?

Take help of vAkya-shAstra. It will help you deduce correct meaning. It
will help you determine area of application of one vAkya and it will also
tell you where a vAkya is not applicable.

> Practice is the solution.

Practice is no solution on it's own.
It's based on deductions of vAkya-shAstra, i.e. mImAMsA.

> In Practice there is no
> beef eaten for getting a learned son. The Br Upanishad must be given
> different interpretation to avoid Bull  meat consumption.

That's wrong way of thinking.
I ask the basis of lack of practice of eating of beef ?
What will you say ?
If shAstra, then you must not blame theory-part. Give it proper reverence
and hence don't tell what you told about shrI-bhagavatpAda.
If you say that basis of lack of eating beef is practice itself, then read
again previous replies which shatter away this stand.

Sometime ago a person started a thread saying that AchAra is independent
pramANa in dharma. He quoted some sUtra-s too. See our replies there. They
are applicable to your present view.