[Advaita-l] vedic yajna

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Nov 25 05:00:03 CST 2011

praNAms Sri Venkatesh prabhuji
Hare Krishna

>>  Yes, but theory (veda & smruti texts in this case) is what stand as
> pramANa in karma/dharma jignAsa.

This line of argument is faulty.

>  No this is the declaration given by shankara bhagavat pAda himself in
sUtra bhAshya.  In the dharma jignAsa, shruti/smruti is the only
authority/pramANa.

If only theory is known and practice
is different from theory there is no use of this theory.

>  It should be other way round prabhuji.  If something followed in
practice without any base in shAstra than it will be of no use prabhuji.

If theory is
saying Madhuparka must have meat and practice is saying Madhuparka
does not have meat it is clear practice is the winner of the contest.

>  No, it is shAstra viruddha AcharaNa, if not,  then every 'new' practice
would result in new theory which does not have any base in shAstra.

Adi Sankara may have studied Mimamsa theory but when practice is different
we cannot take the theory words as direct meaning. We have to take
indirect meaning to satisfy the practice. He said Bull Meat but in
practice there is no Bull meat.

>  If shAstra & Acharya both saying it is bull meat and practitioner has
opted for some other alternative then definitely this substitute is
shAstra nishedhita.  Because these alternatives have not been suggested by
shAstra.  If there is any alternatives, shAstra would have definitely said
that.  For example, in agnimukha (Apasthambha sUtra) shAstra itself
suggests an alternative for brahma in the form of kUrcha (a knotted
dharbha).

Also in practice we know to make son learned he must study hard. He will
not become learned
because his father ate meat and impregnated his mother.

>  as per shAstra vachana eating meat is an additional requirement to get
a sharp son..otherwise, shAstra would have said to become a learned
scholar, the son has to study hard :-))

That Parakaya Pravesha incident was later than writing the Bhashya.
But the Parakaya Pravesha proves experience is the best teacher.

>  But mandana mishra a practitioner had happily agreed to engage himself
in vAda with an inexperienced bAla sanyAsi without asking for any
practical experience :-)) is it not??

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar