[Advaita-l] Logical Basis of Apaureshyatva

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 11:00:31 CST 2011

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 1:34 PM, Vidyasankar Sundaresan <
svidyasankar at hotmail.com> wrote:

> > perspective. I request the members to review this and point out
> > flaws as well as suggestions to improve the same.
>
> Rajaram, may I suggest the following? If you have already approached Sri
> Mani Dravid Sastri to learn something about these issues in a traditional
> way,
> please wait to digest all that is taught before formulating your writings.
> I do
> not mean to put a damper on your youthful enthusiasm, but sometimes, well
> reasoned reflection is an absolute must.

*I met him this summer and he is open to teach me. And plan to reach out in
December when I will be there. My intent of learning from his was to
present the gist traditional defenses in a historical context.  However,
from my reading so far, I do not think Mimamsa reasoning will apply in
modern context because it is based on premises that are not acceptable to a
modern mind (e.g. eternal varna). Hence my attempt to create a logical
defense. I am happy to be corrected. *