[Advaita-l] Logical Basis of Apaureshyatva

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 04:30:40 CST 2011

Dear Shri Sadananda,

If shraddha alone is enough, then all faiths will be equally valid. As
differents faiths are mutually contradictory, none of them can be
considered true. Both Islam and Christianity, for example, assert they are
the only path. Both of them cannot be true. Or we have to take a position
that all faiths are valid for its followers. Then the question will be if
all the followers are equally qualified. If the answer is yes, then there
cannot be two faiths. If the answer is no, then all faiths cannot be equal.
Then we are again forced to grade faiths as relative truths. This counters
our original proposition stated above that all faiths are equally valid.

I do not know if you consider your position to be that of the traditional
acharyas. In my opinion, it is not the case. Our traditions have defended
the Veda Dharma with impenetrable fortress of logic. Specifically with
respect to apaureshyatva, it was defended with logic to deal with
objections raised at different points in time.

If you agree that my statements are logical and irrefutable, then you
cannot say that logic cannot be applied to defend apaureshyatva. If you say
that my statements are illogical, you have to show what is the flaw in the
logic. A mere assertion on your part will not dismiss the defense.

*There is a lot of work to do in this if I have to publish this as a
paper.  Once it is done, I hope schools in the US and Europe as well as
India teach Vedas are apuareshya instead of the current indological view
point. I hope that this discussion proceeds is in the right direction. *
**
Best Regards
Rajaram Venkataramani