[Advaita-l] Which Advaita?

ShankaraBharadwaj Khandavalli shankarabharadwaj at yahoo.com
Mon May 30 03:02:16 CDT 2011

Thank you. Both dual and non-dual positions are stated by various dArsanika-s.
What I meant to say is that the uniqueness of Sankara darsana lies not in
non-dualism itself but in the vivarta vAda. So the moment we bring in vivarta
concept most of the criticism on Sankara darsana does not hold ground.

Shankar

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Fri May 27 08:08:54 CDT 2011

  This list is primarily meant to focus on Sankaran advaita vedAnta.  There is a
kind of advaita within the broad rubric of mahAyAna buddhism, as also many
contemporary variants of monistic/non-dualistic thinking. And there are many
variants of vedAnta, which are not non-dualistic in nature.   These are not the
primary focus of this list, but thoughtful and insightful comparative
discussions are welcome. So long as a discussion doesn't degenerate to
meaningless levels and doesn't get derailed by someone wanting to have the last
say ...   Regards, Vidyasankar