[Advaita-l] Can a mithyA-vastu produce an effect? असत्यवस्तुनः अर्थक्रियाकारित्वम्

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः lalitaalaalitah at gmail.com
Mon May 23 00:27:47 CDT 2011

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <http://www.lalitaalaalitah.com>
lalitAlAlitaH <http://about.me/lalitaalaalitah/bio>*

2011/5/23 Vidyasankar Sundaresan <svidyasankar at hotmail.com>

> Yes, I'm aware of what you wrote earlier, but sometimes, cryptic statements
> need elaboration by one or the other person.

OK. I think you will get more engagement. :)

> My point is, if some potential quality of "silver-ness" arising from the
> pRthvi
> component of shell is responsible for an error

There is no error if silver is accepted there in any way.

> , then the so-called "defective
> eye" is actually a blessing, as it would be really a very subtle eye,
> capable
> of seeing things that are there but not obvious to the "normal vision"
> people!

Let it be that. What will it prove ?

> Seen in that light, seeing silver in a shell is not an error at all. It is
> a rare
> window into ultimate reality. Nothing would really be an error, by logical
> extension.

Accepted. I already told that there is no delusion in rAmAnuja-matam. They
are akhyAtivAdins as prAbhAkaras.

> And speaking of properties of kArya and kAraNa, is it really tenable to
> hold
> that every single property of a kArya is hidden in the kAraNa?

Why not ? From where will they come in kArya.
Moreover satkAryavAda is accepted by advaitins.