[Advaita-l] Can a mithyA-vastu produce an effect? असत्यवस्तुनः अर्थक्रियाकारित्वम्

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Fri May 20 23:13:45 CDT 2011

Namaste

2011/5/20 V Subrahmanian <v.subrahmanian at gmail.com>:
> 2011/5/20 Venkatesh Murthy <vmurthy36 at gmail.com>
>

>> Here the Sribhashya Page 120 has arguments for actually silver-ness in
>> a shell.  In Purva Mimamsa they say when Soma plant is not available
>> Putika sprouts can be used Somaabhave Putikagrahanam Sruticoditam
>> because in Putika there are parts of Soma plant in Putika
>> Somavayayavasadbhavaditi Nyayavido Viduhu. Like this there is silver
>> in shell. This is known from Sruti only.  Suktadau Rajatadesca Bhavaha
>> Srutyaiva Bodhitaha.  There is actual silver in shell. But it is small
>> part. There is large part Bhuyastva of shell.
>

> We would like to know which shruti says that.  I have heard that someone
> (Dr.Anantha krishna Sastri ?) has retorted:  'We shall give you a cartload
> of shell and pl. extract just a few grams of silver from it for us.'
>
> Does the shell-contains-silver logic hold good even to rope-snake error?
> Does the rope contain a snake in some subtle form?  Does the mirage contain
> any quantity of water?

Sribhashya has said Yathartha Sarva Vijnanam Iti Vedavidam Matam
SrutiSmrutibhyaha Sarvasya Sarvatmatva Pratititaha means all Jnana in
this world is true Jnana only. There is no false Jnana because we know
from Sruti and Smruti everything contains everything. Shell will have
silver silver will have shell iron will have gold and diamonds and
platinum. Even mud will have gold silver and platinum. Why it is like
this? Chandogya Sruti has said Tasam Trivrutamekaikam we see by
Pratyaksha the Trivrutkarana of elements in combining. All things in
the world have the same basic elements.  Even our body has the same
elements like Carbon. So everything contains everything. But the
question is how much? Even mud has gold and silver but they will be
there in very small quantity. We cannot get gold and silver from mud
lying in front of our house because the quantity is very small. We may
get only some Nano grams of gold from tonnes of mud. We may spend more
than the gold value to get it from mud.

In Physics we know every action has equal and opposite reaction. If a
boy is pressing the ground and jumps up he is putting some force on
the earth.  Earth puts back same force on him makes him jump. But what
about the Earth? What happened to force the boy put on it? The Earth
moves also but the movement is very small even the best measuring
instrument will not show it. But you conclude Physics law is wrong?
There is no equal and opposite reaction. This is wrong conclusion.
Like this everything in the world contains everything but we cannot
measure it.  But the law everything contains everything is correct. It
cannot be tested always. It is coming from Chandogya Sruti.

Ato Yathartha Rupyadi Vijnanam Suktikadishu. The Jnana of Silver in
Shell is true. Page 120.

--
Regards

-Venkatesh