[Advaita-l] Can a mithyA-vastu produce an effect? असत्यवस्तुनः अर्थक्रियाकारित्वम्

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः lalitaalaalitah at gmail.com
Fri May 20 07:53:16 CDT 2011

2011/5/20 Venkatesh Murthy <vmurthy36 at gmail.com>

The Mithyatva of Advaiti is not accepted by Visishtadvaiti. He says
> the Advaiti Mithya Vastu is not Mithya. It is real. In shell there is
> actually silver. But it is in small quantity.

Thats not true. If it exists there in even small quantity, then we will not
dig earth for it. Just crush the shell and get silver. And why silver only,
you can get everything you desire by crushing shell itself as rAmAnujas hold
that everything is sarvAtmaka and there is no delusion at all.

>  If somebody sees silver
> it is because of defective eye.  He wants to pick up the silver. But
> if there is no defect in eye he will see shell part. He will not pick
> up the shell.  But the Jnana of Rajata in Sukti is true Jnana. Page
> 120 Sribhashya.

I like your way of questioning. Just because you are quoting old scholars
who studied well to refute advaita. Your questions are better than those who
ask on their own without having proper study.
Moreover, you are giving me a chance to think about rAmAnuja's stand.
Thank you,

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <http://www.lalitaalaalitah.com>
lalitAlAlitaH <http://about.me/lalitaalaalitah/bio>*