[Advaita-l] ADMIN: List moderation and posts

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Wed May 4 14:28:21 CDT 2011

Dear Sri Krishnamurthy,

On 31 January 2011, I sent the following appeal to the list.
http://lists.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2011-January/026449.html

Here we are three months later, and in that period, we have not seen any
change in posting patterns, especially from a few who are frequent posters.
Hasty, rude, one-liner responses and deep delving into highly peripheral (at
best) issues are predominating on almost all discussion threads.

Obviously, sAma is not working. The vast majority of the list is being very
highly generous in tolerating everything, so this kind of dAna is not working
either. Putting someone on active moderation status would be bheda and
removal from the list would be daNDa. My post is an early alert that if pushed,
we will have to exercise the bheda and daNDa options. My hope is that the
strong wording of the early alert will remove the need to exercise these
options, at least for now.

My tirade, such as it is, is really an expression of frustration at the kind of
mundane issues that seem to hold people's interests on a list dedicated to
one of the most sublime and divine expressions of human thought.

Regards,
Vidyasankar