[Advaita-l] nAstika mata (bauddha mata) khaNDana in rAmAyaNa

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Tue May 3 01:16:03 CDT 2011

Okay. We have different perceptions as one cannot talk about only one type of bauddha mata when Lord Buddha himself had given the basic Hinayana teachings at Sarnath, where he did not talk about the five koshas nor about the Shunyata, to begin with  and later on he gave the Mahayana  teachings at the Vulture peak, where he did talk about the five koshas as well as about the Shunyata.

I think the Buddha-mata is not a topic of great concern for the Advaitins and  once in a while only the talk about Lord Buddha's silence, such as metioned by Gaurapadacharya, pops up.

Sunil KB.