[Advaita-l] idaM na mama - The scientific evidence?

Satish Arigela satisharigela at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 00:32:28 CDT 2011

>But there are instances where manthras have worked miracles.But to prove that it
>is so is a difficult >proposition.

By the way well educated mantrin-s do not beleive in miracles nor do they
subscribe to any superstitions.

There were instances where I have seen them make fun of the miracles and the
superstitions that religious people usually entertain.

I certainly cannot speak for them all.. so I limit by comments to only those I
am acquainted with.

Anyway last post on the topic.

Srikanta says:
>How is that without  performing these,there are floods,and half of Andhra was
>washed off in these
>
>floods.!who performed yagna for sunami to occur in Japan?.

Sriram mentioned about the effect of a yAga intended for rain during some very
difficult times. I will say nothing about it as I am not a witness to it and
also since I do not know the people involved. Sriram, did not say everytime
there is a rain somebody did a yAga to please varuNa nor did he say that rains
come only when a yAga is performed. Please do nto put words in others mouths.

 It is not the very best display of sanity on one's part of ask if the tsunami
is a result of some yAga. The sanity issue apart, your questions come in a very
insulting and boorish tone.

I am saddened to see the tsunami dragged into the argument and talked about
lightly as it is an event involving many deaths and agony to many more.

I will not continue this thread with you till you calm yourself a bit, and let
go of the agitation.

Regards