[Advaita-l] अनिर्वचनीयख्यातिः (सदसद्विलक्षणत्वम्) in the श्रीमद्भागवतम् Part 2 (2) - Concluded

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 09:25:54 CST 2011

Namaste Sri Subrahmanian

Some people say Brahman also is Anirvachaniya because it cannot be
described by words. Yato Vacho Nivartante is the Vakya.  The mind also
cannot understand it cannot imagine it. Siva Mahimna Stotra Sloka is
this

http://www.ms.uky.edu/~sohum/sanskrit/mahimna/mahimna.htm

तव तत्त्वं न जानामि कीदृशोऽसि महेश्वर।

यादृशोऽसि महादेव तादृशाय नमो नमः॥ ४१॥

I do not know the truth of your nature and how you are. My Pranams to
you Mahadeva however you are.

The words cannot describe Brahman.

There is confusion now regarding Anirvachaniya-tva. Kindly explain.

--
Regards

-Venkatesh