[Advaita-l] shankara as vaishnava

Satish Arigela satisharigela at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 02:57:53 CDT 2011

>Infact,the concept of Vaishnavism was started by adwaitins themselves.see
>Bhagavatham by >suka,Gaudapada,Shankara.

Feel free to have the last word on this topic but above does not make any sense.

vaiShNava-s in the form of vaikhAnasa-s and pA~ncharAtrika-s(in various forms as
sAttvata-s, shikin-s, mUlaka-s, ekAntin-s etc) have existed long before
shankara.

vaikhAnasa vaishNava mata was by vikhanasa puruSha and pA~ncharAtra was revealed
to various(actually 5) devata-s.

shankara is completely out of this picture and had nothing to do with vaiShNava
mata.

I will say no more on this unless there is something substantial.