[Advaita-l] Marrying a maternal uncle's daughter (mAtulakanyA vivAha)

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Wed Jun 22 03:30:55 CDT 2011

Dear Sujilji,

///

It seems that the cousin marriages are not as bad as one thought

//

On a lighter vein:

Because, the daughters can't be the legal heirs of the ancestral property, if i marry
my mother's brother (my maternal uncle), obviously, i am the legal heir of my uncle's
property which is a gifted one from my maternal grandfather which my mother is deprived of.

One is doubly benefited if he marries maternal uncle's daughter. He can inherit
the property both from his father's as well as mother's side.

So, infact, he is lucky enough to get the properties (either in cash or in kind)
from both mother & father.

regs,
Sriram