[Advaita-l] tat gotra

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 23:26:51 CDT 2011

Namaste Sri Sriram

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 11:01 AM, Venkata sriram P
<venkatasriramp at yahoo.in> wrote:
> Dear Rajaramji,
>
> ///
> It is not possible to change the gotra of girl except through
> kanya dhanam and if a person
>
> //
>
> The basic purpose of kanyAdAna is lost the moment it is rajasvalAnantara vivAha (post-puberty marriage).  And hard-core traditionalists doesn't approve this marriage and hence
> who have undergone rajasvalAnantara vivAha are prohibited from performanc of kratus like
> atirAtra / shodasi.

In Mahabharata Santanu became mad in love with Satyavati. Before that
Parashara Maharshi  had intercourse with her and gave birth to Vyasa.
How is it possible the Kanya was not mature? How can Santanu become
mad seeing a 8 year old girl?

She married Santanu after maturity only.   In Svayamvara also if the
princess did not have physical nicely developed female signs the Kings
were not mad to win them. If the Kanya is before maturity she will not
have the physical development to attract men.

In love stories of Mahabharata Ramayana and Puranas the heroines are
mature people but not 8 year children.

--
Regards

-Venkatesh