[Advaita-l] tat gotra

raghavender ganti rganti9 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 9 09:36:28 CDT 2011

Sri Gurubhyon Namaha
                                When both bride and bride groom are of the same
gothra, the injunction that either of them are not to be related closely atleast
a few generations away and also before the marriage one of them is taken dattat
by people belonging to another gothra and then they do the kanyadanm. I dont
recollect the exact details, but the adoption part of it is correct and there
are som pre requisites of how far the relationship of the same gothra goes. This
is to be done only when it is unavoidable. But not a bypass.

Sri Gurubhyon namaha
Raghav