[Advaita-l] Fwd: Advaita-l Digest, Vol 83, Issue 2

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 7 08:34:43 CDT 2011

> Sri Vidya prabhuji :
> Please let us not make this into a discussion along the lines you suggest.
>
> bhaskar :
>
> I am sorry prabhuji. Since the topic is about 'jnAni' lakshaNa, I tempted
> to write something on definition & description of the jnAni. If your
> goodself think that it is a digression from the main question, my sincere
> apologies & you can ignore my mail as irrelevant prabhuji.

I don't suggest that you misunderstand advaita vedAnta. I don't suggest that other
traditionalists who differ from you misunderstand advaita vedAnta either. It seems
to me entirely possible that you and others misunderstand each other, in various
ways and to various degrees. I believe that if you truly understand why "becoming"
brahman upon the dawn of jnAna is also said only in a figurative sense, there may
be progress in understanding each other. I have made my own stance perfectly clear.

As I suggested that it is not necessary for every discussion about jnAna and jnAnI-s
to proceed only along a set pattern, I desist from writing much more.

Regards,
Vidyasankar