[Advaita-l] (Advaita) Bhakti vs. Jnana

Ramesh Krishnamurthy rkmurthy at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 10:59:43 CDT 2011

2011/7/30 V Subrahmanian <v.subrahmanian at gmail.com>

> Bhagavan and Bhagavatpada would never approve a situation where a person
> knowingly shuns the desire for moksha.

Thank you Subbu-ji. In fact, we could say that the desire for mokSha
*cannot* really be shunned until the person recognizes that he is nitya
mukta and never subject to bandha in the first place. After all, the human
condition is a constant search for fulfillment. Until a certain viveka
(nitya-anitya-vastu-viveka) dawns, this search is focused on external
objects, possessions, relationships, etc. When this viveka comes, the focus
turns on brahman.