[Advaita-l] Dehavan iva

Srikanta Narayanaswami srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 29 05:57:51 CDT 2011

There is the body but the ignorance-based identification with it is absent
> in the case of Bhagavan and a Jivanmukta.  Yet those who see and interact
> with that 'person' Krishna during His life did that taking for granted that
> 'this is a person, with a body.... just as we are'.  Shankara puts the true
> state of affairs by that remark 'dehavAn iva'.
Since the term "iva"is appended to 'dehavan"it follows that the Lord is endowed with the Dicine body after ataining "Jivamukts state".he continues to do his duty,as the Upanishads say"Atmavan Kriyavan",this does not mean he continues to do his karma like before like an ajnani.Shankara also clarifies this with the appenage"Iva" so it looks.
N.Srikanta.