[Advaita-l] Definition of Bhakti in Advaita

Ramakrishna Upadrasta uramakrishna at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 13:22:53 CDT 2011

2011/7/23 Rajaram Venkataramani <rajaramvenk at gmail.com>:
> Sankara and Madhusudana define bhakti as knowledge (cf.18.54_. Where to find
> upanishadic support for this definition? Thanks.

namaste,

You could refer to Shetashvatara for references.

Further, I believe there is an article on bhakti in one of the books
of Gurudeo R.D. Ranade -- I believe titled "Constructive Survey of
Indian Philosophy" --  and which could answer your current research on
bhakti. I felt it was quite exhaustive, including even some references
to Rig Veda. Sorry for the vague reference, but I read the books some
time back when I had access to the books through a library, and do not
have access to them now.

namaste