[Advaita-l] Modern science and Vedanta.

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 13:21:08 CDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 6:24 PM, Ramakrishna Upadrasta <
uramakrishna at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/7/21 V Subrahmanian <v.subrahmanian at gmail.com>:
>
> >  Yet MS has voiced
> > that objection which he need not have.
>
> praNAms Shri Subbu-ji,
>
> Thanks for the nice clarification. Is it possible that this
> "objection" is not really an objection, but one which may be mirroring
> the objection raised by contemporary vedantins of MS (namely
> dvaitins), or one which answers the objection raised by the latter?
>
> namaste
> Ramakrishna

RV: Dvaitins have not said that. Even if Madhusudana is targetting the
attack on someone else, it will also fall on Sankara because Sankara uses
yatra in the sense of time. If he is right, then Sankara makes basic
grammatical mistakes. If he is wrong, then he is making basic grammatical
mistakes. My view is that he does not target anyone else but only explains
why he is not using time-sense due to difference in reading.