[Advaita-l] sapta-mAtR^ika-s in ShAnkara GItA BhAShyam

Satish Arigela satisharigela at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 8 03:09:12 CDT 2011

namaste,

Much of what you said is just one-sided opinion in the realm of tantra and also
not completely relevant.

>So, sankara who was a propagator of dakshinAchAra & samayachAra, is probably
>hinting
>us not to worship the tAmasika chakras from mUlAdhAra to svAdhiShTana that
>incite base emotions & >passions.

Most likely shankara is unaware of the intricacies of what now is called as
dakShiNAchAra and samayAchAra. So all this remains unsubstantiated guesswork.

The other issues you raise are all contestable and the list may not be a proper
platform as it will be a 100%tAntrIka discussion.

As an aside, does shankara ever mention the topic of kuNDalinI or shaTchakra-s
anywhere in vedAntic works? I will imitate a response to this for fun :) :

Is it appopriate to talk about Mathematics in a work on Grammar?   or some
similar question will be asked to counter this. :)