[Advaita-l] Animal Sacrifice

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 09:54:30 CDT 2011

This post is  perhaps not directly related to advaita vedanta but related to
this topic and close to my heart. I hope the moderators will not object and
if you do please feel free to remove this.

In UK, we have launched ahimsa milk as a pilot. That is, we have agreed with
farmers that cows will not be slaughtered after their milking period. Also,
calves will not be killed for leather or because they are male. The
implication of this that there is a higher cost to milk, which the consumers
have to pay for the ethical value. The future plan is to offset this to the
extent possible by increasing the price of yoghurt, butter, cheese and ghee.
 In addition to that, it is also possible to make money through manure,
medicine (from desi cows) and energy (bio-gas plant). There are experts in
ayurveda, bio-gas plant engineering and pricing models working on this. I
have started some conversations in India (Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh and
Tamil Nadu). I pray to asthigas for their blessings in this effort.

In order to convince atheists, jainas, buddhists, vaidhikas, bhagavathas,
sikhs and some sections of christians and muslims as well, I have written
the attached article. This can be accessed on the googledocs and does not
require any password. If you can kindly contribute to the content and make
any corrections, I will be obliged.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B5sixkEIWQ03NTZlNDFhMzYtNGZhMy00YzhlLWI3NjQtMjg2Mjk2MTBmNzFk&hl=en_US