[Advaita-l] Jnana and ajnana (Bhakti vs. Jnana)

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 04:13:46 CDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 12:25 PM, Rajaram Venkataramani <
rajaramvenk at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is totally fallacious to say that advaita acharyas used minimum use of
> nyaya (which FYI is different to tarka) and mainly for polemics.

Having confirmed with Vidwan Mani Dravid Sastrigal I would like to inform
that the terms 'tarka' and 'nyAya' are two words to denote the same system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ny%C4%81ya_S%C5%ABtras

//The Nyaya is sometimes called Tarka-Vidyā or the Science of Debate,
Vāda-Vidyā or the Science of Discussion. Tarka is the special feature of the
Nyāya. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ny%C4%81ya_S%C5%ABtras#cite_note-2>//

http://www.slideshare.net/avygravy/the-nyaya-system-of-indian-philosophy

*//Nyaya* Vidya or *Tarka* Sastra.//

Regards,