[Advaita-l] 'VinAyaka' in ShAnkara GItA BhAShyam

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Jul 5 05:00:05 CDT 2011

Well ... what would you say when sruti talks about the deity called
Vishnu?

praNAms Sri Rajaram prabhuji
Hare Krishna

IMO, the treatment should be same...instead of going after nAma rUpa of
vividha devata-s, (be it shiva, vishNu, devi, sUrya, gaNapati etc., ) &
scratching our head for their hierarchical order,  being an advaitin, it
would be better for us to grasp the inherent meaning of the  tattva behind
nAma rUpAtmaka devata maNtra-s.  Don't you agree with me prabhuji??

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar