[Advaita-l] Maya

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Fri Jul 1 01:22:20 CDT 2011

[was MayaRe: [Advaita-l] A QUESTION ...]

Btw, please use descriptive subject lines and start new threads instead of
responding to unrelated ones.  It will be a service to those who search
the list archives.

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011, anselmo hernandez wrote:

> I have a question about mAyA, I don´t understand very well if SaMkara
> defined it or not ?

Maya cannot really be defined well as it is that which confounds
knowledge.

  And also, there is a mAyA for brahma, brahmA and
> the jIva ?

If by Brahma you mean God as the creator then yes.  It is only maya which
makes the idea of jiva as seperate from Brahman possible in the first
place.