[Advaita-l] Onion and Garlic

Raghav Kumar raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 23:51:45 CST 2011

Sir,

the fact that garlic was imported from Rome in ancient india makes for
interesting reading.
1.Can you give any historical/literary references to back up this idea of
import of garlic, please ?
2. another quesiton - in the Jaradgava-vakya the word rumayam is taken to be
'in Rome' ( as we know it). Can you again show some reference to show that
ancient Rome was called Rumaa in sanskrit ?

all in all, an interesting shloka and piece of information.