[Advaita-l] Which is the correct usage? and acceptable way to write?

Siva Senani Nori sivasenani at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 20:21:08 CST 2011

I think Srikrishnaji wants to write the name in an Indian language as well. If
Telugu is what he has in mind, in a stand alone form the ameyA of Sanskrit is
written as ameya in Telugu - all deerghas of females names are converted to
hrasvas; however in a samastapada of the nature ameyASruti the earlier member of
the compound would retain the deergha - even in Telugu.

Another problem is that people have stopped using the compound word for names.
Each member of the compound is written separately much like the English "civil
servant" and unlike the German "staats-deinst". I used to write my own name with
a space as a child and now continue that. (by force of habit?!)

Regards
Senani (so that I stay true to the earlier practice and not commit a dosha)