[Advaita-l] Analysis of attributes and their locus

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 05:35:59 CST 2011

Namaste

>> people only not for the weak because the Upanishad has said Nayam Atma
>> Balaheenena Labhya. The Atma cannot be won by the weak person with no
>> strength. We have to be physically and mentally strong to practice
>> Advaita. For Advaita practice Yoga and physical endurance is very
>> essential. Physically and mentally weak people are not eligible.
>
> And pray, how are suffering people to overcome their mental and/or
> physical balahIna-tva without a little bit of an intellectual introspection
> into the misconceptions that cause their suffering in the first place?
> You might as well claim that advaita is not meant for those who cling
> to  avidyA. On the contrary, all of it is only meant for those who cling
> to avidyA. Yes, advaita may be bitter medicine, but that only means that
> you may have to sugar-coat it. If you cannot claim that its bitterness
> disqualifies advaita from being medicine in the first place, then you
> have not understood the first thing about advaita!

But the suffering people can think of reducing the suffering
immediately only. Advaita demands them to think very radically and it
is not possible do that. They are thinking how to reduce suffering
immediately.  They can't think of other things. Advaita is not for
person happy with his life and lazy and not for the suffering person
also. It is for the middle person. He is not suffering very much and
he is not happy with his life 100%.

One lazy person and was wasting his time. They asked why don't you
study Vedas, Vedanta and Advaita philosophy? He asked what will I get
studying all that? They said You will know who are you. He said what
will I get if I know who I am. They said if you know who you are you
will become happy always. But the lazy person said I am always happy
now enjoying food and drink and sleeping when I want. I am happy now
and I don't want to study hard for more happiness. If there are
materialists like this always finding happiness in the small things in
life they will not be interested in Advaita.

--
Regards

-Venkatesh