[Advaita-l] No one is liberated yet?

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 16 21:33:32 CST 2011

Shree Rajaram PraNAms.

--- On Fri, 12/16/11, Rajaram Venkataramani <rajaramvenk at gmail.com> wrote:

 According to
> this view, the
> Jiva is the cause of the world by the power of nescience.
> All objects of
> perception last only as long as they are perceived. There
> is only one Jiva.
> Only when this Jiva attains liberation all Jivas become
> liberated. *The
> statements about Suka and others having attained liberation
> is only
> eulogy*or 'Arthavada'"

I notice  a contradiction in the above statement. When there is only one jiiva and when that jiiva attains liberation - where is the question of others jiivas for them to get liberated?

The truth is there is only one subject - as for as that subject is concerned everything including the so-called other beings are objects of perception only. It is similar to dream state where there is a dream subject and others apparent subjects and the apparent world of plurality. When the subject in the dream awakens - all other jiivas also as though dissolve into him only - the waker.

A jnaani is one who sees himself in all and all in himself - that is liberation - then from his reference, realization involves realisation that there is nothing other the self that I am. All so called other objects of perception including other jiivas are reduced to mithyaa only. This applies to the subject who feels bounded and wants to get liberated. The essence of eka jiiva vaada is to understand that there is only one subject and the rest are objects of perception and the subject cannot be objectified.

sarva bhutastham aatmaanam sarva bhuutanica aatmani - says the Lord.

Hari Om!
Sadananda

Hari Om!
Sadananda