[Advaita-l] dhanurmAsa & satyanarAyaNa vrataM

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Dec 14 04:54:19 CST 2011

Namaste,

I couldn't understand the question.  What is the relation between
dhanurmAsa and sathyanArAyaNa vrata?

praNAms Sri Sriram prabhuji
Hare Krishna

During dhanurmAsa (sUrya pravesha to dhanur rAshi ) temples will observe
pooja very early in the morning and prasAdaM will be distributed around
6AM and after that temples will be closed for darshan.  Hence I asked,
whether at home, can we do satyanArAyaNa vrataM during day time.  BTW,
traditionally, in my family we have been doing this vrataM at day time
only and in evening we do Arati,  chant vishNu sahasranAma, punarAradhana
etc.  But I do observed in some houses vrata will be done at ekAdashi
pradOsha or pUrNima day.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar