[Advaita-l] vedic yajna

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 10:09:42 CST 2011

Namaste

 I am sorry for saying Beef Appreciation Group. I got a email with bad
word from one well respected member Satish. Now I am more sorry to see
members here writing bad unprintable words against me.

Clarification of Position- There are Sruti and Smruti Vakyas appearing
to allow Beef eating and many Sruti and Smruti Vakyas prohibiting the
same. One Group was showing Beef Prohibition was started as a blind
belief or political agenda but not supported in Sastras. They are not
saying directly prohibition is blind belief but indirectly it means
only that.  This is not correct. They are not looking at how to solve
the contradiction of Srutis and Smrutis. How to break the tie? This is
why we must consult books like Parashara Smruti, Nirnaya Sindhu and
Vaidyanatha Dikshitiya. They are like final conclusions of the big
ocean of Sruti and Smruti literature. They will show you the way like
a friend "Don't be confused child, I will show you the way." They are
telling us beef in any and all forms is prohibited now in this age.
What happens to Sruti and Smruti Vakyas appearing to allow beef also
Sankara Bhashya 6-4-18? There we have to take the indirect meaning
only not the direct meaning respecting Dharma Sastra. Dharmo Rakshati
Rakshitaha.

Regards

-Venkatesh