[Advaita-l] apaurusheyatva of veda-s

Raghav Kumar raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 06:16:44 CDT 2011

> Another point-

>too after reading some meaningful arguments against aparusheyatva of
>veda-s.  I am very eager to get rid of these doubts & would like to make a
>conclusion in favour of apaurusheyatva of veda-s.

We have to conclude in a way which is non-sectarian. By which I mean "if a
fundamentalist muslim or christian were to claim similar infallible
apaurusheya status for their respective scriptures, we should be able to
logically show a fallacy in such claims without invoking the need for
"faith" and "belief"  and "vishvAsa" etc. Because the Pope claims that its
"a mystery of God, as to why the Catholic Church alone has salvific value
and not the other faiths and even other Christian denominations" . We should
avoid giving such faith-based reasons and still manage to converge on
the apaurusheyatva of Veda.

Personally, i would like to point out one interesting fact, Supposing we
compare the karma-kanda and jnAna kAnda, A sadhaka is first taught that
karma-kAnda is wonderful etc. And later when he becomes mature, he is told
that jnAna kAnda is the actual truth and karma-kAnda is merely provisional
truth, not the absolute truth,
That does not mean that karma kAnda is altogether false, rather, it is valid
for a lower-level adhikArI.

Similarly, in school, I was taught the Bohr's model of the atom. Later I was
taught the more true quantum mechanical model of that same atom which needs
prior study of advanced mathematics. The Bohr's model is not altogether
invalid, Its useful and is meant for high-school students who do not know
advance differential equations.

Therefore the scientific laws and theories are on par with (as apaurusheya
as) the ideas and knowledge revealed by the vedic karma kAndam. Both are
useful, provisional and are subsequently seen to be not absolutely true.
How would that go !! .

Om
Raghav