[Advaita-l] What is 'aprAkRta' ?

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 04:34:35 CDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 2:48 PM, Rajaram Venkataramani <rajaramvenk at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 7:37 AM, V Subrahmanian <v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
> >wrote:
>

> RV: The best I can do is to request you to be kind enough to re-read
> Madhusudana's commentary. Madhusudana clearly says that His body is NOT
> made
> of pancha bhutas as concluded by you. He repeatedly and logically asserts
> that It is NOTHING LIKE OURS. It is NOT CREATED at all even. He also
> supports a second explanation that the Lord and His body are
> non-different!

One logical flaw I can point out in the above is that if by 'Lord' we mean
Satchitanandaghana, Brahman, then it cannot be/have a body.  Everyone was
witness to the baby krishna growing up to an adult and an aged one.  Brahman
has no vikAra-s.  The body has.  Only that which is in some way or the other
connected with prakriti can have modifications of whatever type.