[Advaita-l] Taittiriya Upanishad question

Nagendra S. Rao nagendrasrao at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 15:23:39 CDT 2011

Dear Sri Vidyashankar:

Namaskaram.

You have no idea who I am, but I know very well who you are because of
your seva in the cause of Sanatana Dharma / Advaita Vedanta through your
cogent publications.

I am one of the disciples - svatah and parampara - of Mahasannidhanam, the
Late Sri Sri Abhinava Vidyateertha Mahaswamigal of Sringeri Matha.

I am writing to get your personal contact information - if this is not an
imposition.  This is for occasional interaction on sastraic matters with
someone who hews to the traditional Advaita sampradayic line and is well
grounded in the bhashyas and Advaita ethos.

Generally I do not participate in e-mail discussions (or slanging matches
with dvaita / visisht advaita vadis or those of other mathas).  Both the
other Dr. Vidyashankar (Buravalla) and Sri Umesh are very close personal
friends of mine and Mahasannidhanam was the one who introduced Umesh and
myself to each other.

By profession I am a retired strategic management consultant based in New
York City whose background is eclectic comparitive religion having spent
much time with Bauddhas - the nastika bhattacharyas, the Abrahamic religions
- Judaism / Christianity / Islam, and many, many New Age movements.  Before
you shrink away, while I am an iconoclast, everything I did was with the
full cognizance and anugraham of Mahasannidhanam to whom I used to give
account of all my peregrinations.

My contact information is:

Nagendra S. Rao
143-23 Barclay Avenue, Apt #6G