[Advaita-l] Taittiriya Upanishad question

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 12 09:16:49 CDT 2011

> bhaskar :
>
> Kindly clarify whether this is a realization/intuition in totality of the
> jnAni (to say, when he is wide awake & looking normal to others) or a
> state where physical activity of the jnAni comes to a complete stand-still
> to 'literally' 'experience' the 'blank' state. In short, neha nAnAsti

I was talking of what Sruti says and where. The bhAshya-s and interpretation
are available to you too, as much as to me. I doubt if my clarifying anything
is necessary at this stage.

> bhaskar :
>
> Instead of taking pancha-kOsha viveka as the process of krama mukti, I
> would like to take pancha-kOsha prakriya as one of the methods of jignAsa
> in the light of adhyArOpa apavAda. Am I wrong if I say like this
> prabhuji??

Again, the bhAshya comments at the end of the AnandavallI and bhRguvallI
have to be read carefully, for both vallI-shave the statement "asmAl lokAt
pretya," both vallI-s talk of saMkramaNa as an event in time and in both
places, Sankara bhagavatpAda makes his analysis very clear. Also read
bhAshya on the Sloka "asann eva sa bhavati" in the context of the
AnandamayatmA in taittirIyopanishat.

Finally, bhAshya at end of sUtra 1.1.19 and sUtra-s 3.3.11-13. These are
about upAsana/dhyAna vis-a-vis jnAna.

Regards,
Vidyasankar