[Advaita-l] Taittiriya Upanishad question

D.V.N.Sarma డి.వి.ఎన్.శర్మ dvnsarma at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 19:44:41 CDT 2011

I feel our discussions sometimes tend to prescribe how a jnani should be.

When such discussions used to take place Bhagavan Ramana used to
quip "Let jnani look after himself. You look after yourself first".

Jnani is said to be free. It means he is free to कर्तुम्, अकर्तुम्,
अन्यथाकर्तुम्,
i.e.,  to do, not to do or to do anything else he likes.

Though lay people's dos and don'ts are not binding on a jnani, he appears
follow them for our sake I think.

They can be बालोन्मत्तपिशाचवत्.

regards,
Sarma.