[Advaita-l] The Jnani's feeling of physical pain

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Sep 24 04:43:06 CDT 2010

It is easy to use words and not mean anything by them.

Define what is meant by Atyantika abhAva of vyavahAra and how that
impacts the life of a jnAnI for the rest of his natural life. In
particular,
explicate how your atyanta abhAva of vyavahAra is different from what
others call nirvikalpaka samAdhi. How can you hold that there is atyanta
abhAva of vyavahAra on the one hand and argue against nirvikalpa
samAdhi on the other, if you do not see a difference between the two?
I do not see a difference, nor do a large number of others, so do
expand upon what you understand by these terms.

Without involving in pramAtR-pramANa-prameya vyavahAra, how can
a jnAnI write commentaries, teach disciples, give lectures, or travel
from one place to another? Magic?

Vidyasankar

Humble sAshtAnga praNAms Sri vidya prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Thank you very much for all your kind clarifications & your interest in my
observations  prabhuji...I must confess here that I dont have enough
strength & jnAna to answer your qustions prabhuji.  I am already in the
bad books of your goodself  & I donot want to let it go worsen still !!
You may call this excuse as hypocrisy, escapism, lack of knowledge,
prejudiced mind set anything you want...But it is a fact that I value more
my relationship with you than to engage myself in a discussion with your
goodself  prabhuji.  Hope you would forgive your discarded shishya.

After reading your above mail, I am just reminded of a kArika wherein it
is said : misconception would be sublated, if it were really a construct
of imagination of any particular person. All this is only a device
employed for the purpose of teaching; there will be no duality whatever
when reality is known.

Kindly dont think this kArika is an attempt of clarification of my stand
because I dont know whether the above kArika  is anyway related to your
observation or  I am remembering this kArika out of context...But this is
what  your insane shishya got in his mind...

Your humble servant
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar