[Advaita-l] pUrvajas' karma / pApa & our burden

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Sep 15 00:37:36 CDT 2010

That is probably the reason why 21 generations are uplifted when a true
sanyasi is born in a family or the whole
pitrus fall down when one does not perform his karma.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

The above reminds me the mundaka assurance :  whoever knows that supreme
brahman indeed becomes that very brahman..In his family, no one is born
who knows not brahman ( sa yO ha vai tatparaM brahma veda brahmaiva
bhavati, nAsya brahmavitkule bhavati etc.) Even ONLY one brahma jnAni in a
family is enough to make his family generation enlightened!!  All these
days I was thinking this is an acclamation (arthavAda) to
brahmavidya...But now after reading transfer of anccestor's karma phala, I
think we should read 'more' into it & think about transfer of jnAna phala
also!!  and it also gives me a mischevous feeling that sofar in my family
no one is enlightened coz. I've yet to know that brahman :-))

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar