[Advaita-l] Personal - Advaita and Caste System

raghavender ganti rganti9 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 28 21:50:36 CDT 2010

Sri Gurubhyon Namaha
                                        Dear Venkatesh ji
                                                                   "Purusha
Sukta says Brahmano Asya Mukham Asit Brahmins are the mouth of Purusha. They are
excellent Varna. They are the best", though this statement is right this is not
a basis for saying brahmins are best. Every varna is dependent on the other,
people when they pray to a murthi they pray to the feet not to the face or
mouth. So in essential you are thanking the gods creation of 4th varna without
whom brahmins or the other 2 varnas cant get going in any of their daily
activities. Similar is the case with the other 2 varnas. Brahmins are the best
only when they adhere to the path laid out in the shastras, failing which he can
be called a brahmana bandhu, he ceases to be called a brahmin.

Sri Kamakshi
Raghav