[Advaita-l] Why should I believe in Adwaita vedanta over any other Philosophy?

S Jayanarayanan sjayana at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 28 20:03:33 CDT 2010

The simple answer to the question is: "ONLY advaita VedAnta provides an explanation of why Consciousness ought to be taken as fundamental to all Existence."

For an understanding of why Science (or physics and its philosophical counterpart "physicalism") does NOT (cannot?) explain consciousness, please consult:

http://www.imprint.co.uk/chalmers.html

http://www.imprint.co.uk/hardprob.html

I hope to write up a series on this topic of how advaita trumps science when it comes to Consciousness, but due to personal time constraints, may get to it only a few months time (hopefully not a few years' time!).

Regards,
Kartik