[Advaita-l] Themyth of strict old days.

Satish Arigela satisharigela at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 19 09:56:01 CDT 2010

>In the ancient times the strict sampradaya(tradition) was followed before
>imparting Brahmavidya.

Sorry if I am sounding argumentative. But with the exception of the few, even
now that is how brahmavidyA can be imparted. There is no other way. Imparting it
to one who hasnt gone through the step by step procedure will have no effect..
like sounding a conch in a deaf man's year. So in other words it cannot be
imparted whether in ancient times or in contemporary times to the unqualified.