[Advaita-l] Question I

Roshan Mandal roshanmandal at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 18 14:58:29 CDT 2010

Dear sirs/madams,

I am new to the realm of Vedanta. I have studied the basics. But as a beginner,
I have many questions. One of the most fundamental questions that I have is:

Why should I believe the Adavaita Vedanta philosophy over any other
philosophy/religion? What evidence does Advaita have to back up its claims?

Grateful if you could answer my question as thorougly as possible.
Thank you.

Sincerely,
Abhyudaya Mandal

PS:
My background -- I am 16 yrs old. Most of my Vendata "knowledge" consists of
reading the Gospel of Ramakrishna, and Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda, and
a few articles on the Divine Life Society site. (My knowledge is very limited).
However, I have studied Christianity, especially, fundamentalist evangelical
Christianity for several years formally (My school has mandatory Bible courses).