[Advaita-l] Did Sankara have non-brahmin disciples?

D.V.N. Sarma dvnsarma at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 07:18:54 CDT 2010

I would like to inform the list that in Andhra we had in the first
half of 20th century
one "Mala Picchamma"  a lady of chandala caste. She was married and
had a daughter
but after sometime she started living separately. Most of the time she
was naked.
Some of the educated higher caste people venerated her as a jnani.

regards,
Sarma.