[Advaita-l] Jnana-karma samuccaya.

srikanta srikanta at nie.ac.in
Tue Nov 23 04:00:41 CST 2010

I reckon it is due to holymens' prArabdha karma they are indulging in
these type of activities!!...As it has been decided that there is NO
escape from prArabdha karma phala, each and every person has to act
accordingly and this hard rule,  does not,  spare even paramArtha brahma
jnAni!!  Due to his prArabdha janita dehendriya manObuddhi ahaMkAra, he
may  'sometime' involve in 'questionable' activities by getting 'vipareeta
pratyaya-s!! When the  brahma jnAni's  fate itself is like this then what
to speak about 'holymen' ??  So, atleast with this excuse the holymen  can
justify their activities. No pun intended here please, this is the theory
which got acceptance from the 'official' flag holders of advaita
It is not due to the "Prarabdha karma"of holymen that they are indulging
in questionable activities,but due to the gullibility and superstition of
our countrymen which has resulted in believing this.Shankara himself in
his time has mentioned in his famous poem"Mohamudgara".But still it is the
misfortune of our countrymen that they continue to be deceived by
these,"Veshadharis".Our people have become so naive!.Shankara himself has
condemned these blind beliefs and superstitions.It is an avenue for their
revenue.Shankara inspite of being a staunch vedantin says,"Even thousand
sruthis if they say,cannot make the fire cold".
                                                      N.Srikanta.