[Advaita-l] Vidyaranya and vedanta deshika.

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 14 14:16:12 CST 2010

Dear Jaldharji,

Thank you for this clarification. I understand that before leaving for kanchi he Madhava (senior) had another Guru, who sent Madhava (senior) to Kanchi and as Kanchi was a seat of knowledge for both he Advaita and the Ramanuja schools at that time, both these stalwarts, Madhava (senior) and Vedantadeshika might have come into contact at kanci, despite belonging to different schools and they had friendsip with  and respect  for each other. It appears  it was Madhava (senior) and not the other Madhava,  who was the adviser (and also called the minister, as the ministers had the advosry roles) to Hukka and Bukka.

Regards,

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya