[Advaita-l] Dharmakaya

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 9 11:01:24 CST 2010

Shri Shrikanta,

Please read up your earlier mails again or do you want me to bring that back and show here again. I am happy that you read up the Lankavatara sutra. Once one attains the Shunyata one loses the separateness or in other words Shunyata ans non-separateness are one and the same. Dharmakaya is not the kaya of an individual maintaining  individual identity. it is for this reason that the Bodhisattvas delay their attainment of the Shunyata at the end of their spiritual journey so that their individual identity remains and they can help the other aspirants too in the spiritual journey. In Zen Buddhism they say that  if you see a Buddha kill him and it signifies that Buddha attaned Shunyata and do'nt expect Buddha to appear in person again. One too has to be like Buddha and lose the identity in Shunyata and thus escape the cycle of birth and death.

Once you understand the concept of Shunyata you understand the Dharmakaya.

Sincerely,

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya